PTFE-Coated Fiberglass Belts Provide Proper Release for all Processing Stages
Are your foam production and curing processes stuck? Let Precision Coating & Coated Fabrics, Tapes, Belts help RELEASE you from your problems.
Precision Coating’s PTFE-coated fiberglass belts act as a release surface for all processing stages while conveying the different foam mixtures through your oven. The belt transports the sticky load during the expansion process and its non-stick and smooth surface texture guarantees that the sticking tendencies of the soft polymeric material are avoided. The post curing on the belt is uncomplicated, and there is no risk of the interference between the belt and the final product.
The variety of products you can process onto this type of belt is nearly endless as the PTFE (Teflon) is one of the most inert materials that you can find. The right belting product provides you with a unique solution that offers high abrasion resistance and extensive output per belt, helping ensure your final product remains as originally intended.
Key Considerations for PTFE-Coated (Teflon) Belts:
- Thermally stable up to 500°F/260°C
- Easy to clean
- Mechanically stable under pressure
- Customizable design options for all types of machines
- Non-stick surface
- Excellent release properties
- Resistant to chemicals such as MDI
Using a PTFE-coated fiberglass belt may result in the following outcomes:
- Higher-quality finishes
- Improved cost effectiveness
- Improved productivity
- Defect–free product
- Consistent production processes
- No cross contamination
- Less material waste
- Optimal release
Precision Coating & Coated Fabrics, Tables, and Belts has a number of products that can fit your project. Whether your priority is non-stick properties or a certain flexibility requirement, you have a number of potential products to choose from:
- PC-14 – Dimensionally stable with a smooth surface that provides excellent non-stick
- PC-A1048 Premium – Heavy duty belting product for processes with non-stick and texture requirements
- PC-27 Premium – Heavy duty belting product for processes with non-stick and texture requirements
- PC-35 Economy Satin Weave – Heavy duty belting product for processes with non-stick, texture, and flexibility requirements
Contact us today to discuss your application!